Student Comments

What have students said about their experiences in previous years?

VSP student collage

Some examples:

“I can’t believe how much I learned in such a short period of time…what an amazing experience this has been!”

“…loved every minute of it!”

“…an experience like no other!”

“Denmark was fantastic!”

“I would highly recommend this ‘kit.'”

“Samsø was a fantastic experience.”

“The literature class was amazing…”

“This type of course is much more in the spirit of the liberal arts education than a comparable course conducted in Cambridge. You walk away with a deeper understanding…”

“As a student of archaeology, this is the most valuable course I have taken.”

“I really loved the [literature] course and the extremely unique opportunity it provided.”

“incredible…one of the greatest experiences of my life. Loved it!”

“Both the instructors and course materials were absolutely fantastic. I’m so sorry it’s over.”

“…the most unique courses I’ve taken at Harvard…”

“…a wonderful experience.”

“It has been one of the most interesting experiences of my life to have such close contact with such professors, both inside and beyond the classroom.”

“I loved all the excursions and day trips we did.”

“…extremely engaging, interesting, and thought-provoking.”

“This experience has been one of the best of my life, and I recommend it with incredible enthusiasm!”

“This course was fantastic.” 

“I absolutely loved the field school experience.”

“The instructors and courses were phenomenal— I learned an incredible amount and only want to explore the field more as a result of this program!”

“…my expectations were incredibly high and the course still managed to exceed them!”

“I loved doing the oral exam…it reminded me how much I had learned and further developed my skills.”

“This was an absolutely incredible experience…I have learned so much and acquired a new skill”a

“…run exactly the way it should be in order to provide a hands-on, engaging experience with the saga literature and Denmark.”

“The perfect educational experience.”